Header Photo Credit

*The stunning photo in the header of my blog is all thanks to Ron Shoshani. Visit his facebook page for more of his amazing photographs of Tel Aviv!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sivan at Bank Leumi Should Die and Go to Hell

That's right I said it. I said it virtually out loud in a facebook post ...that I hope someone dies.  And what's more, I added that I hope that this person's afterlife is full of searing hot pain conjured up by Satan, or whoever that guy is who controls hell.

And boy, did that stir up some interesting responses.
Let's take a look:




Let me point out the obvious:  Israelis sympathized with my angry, frustrated status update. Two even "liked" my comment.

However.

My American compatriots (and Aussies) seemed to take my post way too seriously.

(BTW, as I'm writing this I'm receiving more comments from other USofAers tsk-tsking me for my impolite, rude, nay- evil- post, but, sorry.  I don't have the energy to print screen again and reupload the photo. Plus,  this post is already way too long.)

So, what am I trying to say? Well, I guess I'm trying to point out one big thing: Israelis might be rude and insolent, but Americans need to go buy themselves a sense of humor.

Let me make my position about death and hell unequivocally clear. I don't want this bank teller to die. (She might be a complete and utter idiot, but I'll admit it, her life is still worth something).  And, to be quite honest with you, I don't believe in any kind of after life. I mean, if you really want to know, I think that after you die there is just nothingness. Just empty nothingness.

Now, I understand that what happened with Gabrielle Giffords shocked the world, especially US citizens.  And of course I believe that violence is wrong- war is bad and peace is good.  But, come on people. Can't we have a sense of humor?

What do you think? Did I go overboard? Will this woman now keel over and die?  Will I blame myself for the rest of my life if it actually happens?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!